Seite 157 von 157 ErsteErste ... 57107147148149150151152153154155156157
Ergebnis 3.901 bis 3.908 von 3908
    Moderator Mangaforen Avatar von Alacrity
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog-Einträge
    Due to the fact that a new thread would probably garner no or only few replies and would therefore do little more than take up space only to be buried immediately, I've decided to post my review of What the Font?! A Manga Guide to Western Typeface here:

A typical example of "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in this country who actually bought this", What the Font appeals to my cravings of gijinka edutainment just right. How do you learn about the concept? Read about it? Discuss it? Ask questions about it? Nah - Portray it as a cute manga figure that only exists to spew factoids about itself! What the Font?! taught me more about fonts and typefaces and their history than I'll ever need - it's essentially the same as being bored and link-surfing Wikipedia. But the charming delivery and memorable characters make sure that the concepts stick and you actually learn about things instead of forgetting about them a few days after finishing a dry textbook.
    There's a focus on usage and history of the individual typefaces and of them as groups and there's professional editorial inserts that go even more in-depth, so you'll definitely gain knowledge that goes beyond high-school level.

Unless you're a designer, you're not going to get much practical value out of this guide, but if you're a fan of semi-useless trivia, I can definitely recommend it~.
    The content of the story places scars and trauma at the forefront, and as I worked on it, I could tell that it would make a lot of people
    uncomfortable. While playing, did you ever feel disgusted, or avert your eyes? No matter how you felt about the game, you were right to
    feel that way. No wrong answers here.
    Fuchii Kabura - Slow Damage Liner Notes

Mitglied Avatar von Westermann
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog-Einträge
    Nein, du bist nicht der Einzige im ganzen Land, der sich What the Font?! zugelegt hat. Gijinka + Edutainment sind genauso meins, und ein ganz klein bisschen am Rande hab ich mit Typografie zu tun. Ich hab’s aber noch nicht gelesen.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog-Einträge
    Oh je, da kann ich mich gar nicht mehr herablassend-elitistisch fühlen, wenn ich nicht der einzige bin, der hier hohe Kultur konsumiert. Bin mal gespannt auf deine Meinung, wenn du's gelesen hast und Zeit zum Posten hast~.
    The content of the story places scars and trauma at the forefront, and as I worked on it, I could tell that it would make a lot of people
    uncomfortable. While playing, did you ever feel disgusted, or avert your eyes? No matter how you felt about the game, you were right to

Mitglied Avatar von Westermann
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog-Einträge
    So, dann noch mal kurz meine Gedanken zu What the Font?! A Manga Guide to Western Typeface. ^^

Dies ist einer der wenigen Fälle, wo ich über die vier-Panel-Seiten, die ich sonst nicht so mag, ganz froh war, da einem wirklich eine ganze Menge an Informationen geboten wurden. So konnte man immer nach vier Panels ein bisschen Luft holen und das Gelesene verarbeiten. Froh war ich auch darüber, dass ich die Printversion gekauft habe, da immer wieder Details erwähnt wurden, die nur jeweils auf der letzten Kapitelseite zu sehen sind und man öfter mal hin- und herblättern musste. Insgesamt hat mir der Titel leidlich gut gefallen, die Idee ist ansprechend, aber von der Umsetzung her fand ich den Manga nicht sooo beeindruckend, als dass ich ihn unbedingt weiterempfehlen müsste. Nichtsdestotrotz war es interessant zu sehen, welche Charakterisierungen der Mangaka für die einzelnen Schriftarten gewählt hat. Die Darstellung von Zapfino fand ich besonders gelungen und Frutiger ist total sympathisch. Dass Gotham sich später nicht mehr an Marusu erinnert hat, fand ich schade, dabei war er so cool (oder sollte damit der Traum-Bemerkung von Marusu Rechnung getragen werden?). Am Schluss habe ich nicht wirklich verstanden, warum Helvetica sie plötzlich "Ars" nennt, das kam wie aus dem Nichts. Ars/Arusu hat vom Klang nicht genug Ähnlichkeit mit Marusu, es wurde zuvor auch nicht thematisiert, dass Helvetica sich verhört hätte oder Ähnliches. Marusu spricht zwar dann von "Human Art" wegen lat. ars = Kunst, das erschien mir trotzdem zu weit hergeholt. Vielleicht hatte das im Original mehr Sinn ergeben? Ein bisschen mehr hätte ich auch noch über das Projekt, das Marusu übernehmen musste, erfahren, aber das war eben nicht der Schwerpunkt des Manga.

Geändert von Westermann (12.02.2021 um 19:57 Uhr)

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog-Einträge
    The thread "Englische Lizenzen 2021" has, in essence, superseded this one. Therefore my resolve to post general reviews of oneshots in this thread has only strengthened. This time it'll be BL Fans love my brother?!

My reaction is, honestly, mixed. I like the depiction of typical convention ongoings and the stress of creating a doujinshi with the typical frustrations is replicated well, but the humour is way too exaggerated for my tastes. I like self-deprecating humour, but the usage of it as running gags became stale quickly. It's a shame, because in quite a few ways, the manga actually counters stereotypes of BL fans and creators as only making feminine guys the centre of their stories - the focus on muscle looks more like geicomi instead of "Standard BL" and it's nice to see that we see both men and women enjoy that. On the other hand, the translation seemed off at a few times. "Top" and "Bottom" are used where "Seme" and "Uke" would be and yes, male BL creators use those terms, too - I follow a few. This is really confusing, since other fandom-specific tags, like futanari, (p. 34) appear unaltered and aren't even explained with a note. Page 34 also has other issues like "Turning to the dark side" as a thing that's not allowed at the convention. What's meant by that? Corruption? Mind break? Because "Turning to the dark side" is certainly not an exclusion-worthy tag! Look, either localise your manga in a way that's understandable or use notes and leave the original word in - this is precisely how you don't do it. Do some research! Also forbidden are "Crossdressing furries" - regular cross-dressing could fall under "Gender-bending", but what about regular furries? The same thing is on page 131 - "Crossdressing x Furries" except the cover shows neither of those things. Is this a joke? If it is, it's your job to provide context!

I don't know how many of those mistakes are present in the original work and how many are the fault of a shoddy translation, but I am pretty disappointed by this volume and will probably think twice before ordering from TP US again...

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog-Einträge
    Thankfully I can follow up my mixed review above with a oneshot which I enjoyed much more: Sarazanmai: Reo & Mabu

It's been a while since I've seen the anime, so some of the connections (Like who Sara and her middle-aged manager were) were hazy at first until I browsed through the fandom wiki to remind me, but even without the instant recognitione, I still liked this manga a lot! It has the same strange, surreal feel to it as the manga, even if it is somewhat more restrained. I love the humour and even though I'm not a fan of episodic stories normally, I didn't mind it here. Not much else to say, except: I hope I'll get to the Light Novels soon!

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laut einem Beitrag auf MH erscheint Ayakashi Triangle von Kentarou Yabuki vorerst wohl nur digital bei ComiXology. https://www.comixology.com/Ayakashi-...l-comic/949692

Bei Mission: Yozakura Family von Hitsuji Gondara war das wohl auch schon so. Diesen Titel gibt es nicht in Print, aber bei mehreren Anbietern digital. Sind alle bei Viz gelistet.

Gesonderte Ankündigungen zu beiden habe ich nicht gefunden.

Edit: Zumindest für M:YF hat der WSJ-News-Kanal damals etwas getwittert, das hatte ich noch im Hinterkopf. https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status...97219340857344
    Geändert von Sombatezib (04.07.2021 um 10:06 Uhr)

Mitglied Avatar von Ayumi-sama
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um mal nach langer Ruhe hier wieder Leben reinzubringen:

Der US Comic Publsiher Alien Books steigt in den Manga Markt ein und hat gleich 5 Lizenzen parat mit je max 4 Bänden und die Bände werden Umschläge wie beim Original haben.
    Dabei sind:
    Fake Rebellion
    Endroll Back
    Momo: Legendary Warrior
    Kerberos in the Silver Rain
    Kinryo Rock

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...censes/.203728

Seite 157 von 157 ErsteErste ... 57107147148149150151152153154155156157