Thema: Jemas war doch nich so schlecht.... :(

Mitglied Avatar von Onslaught / Lovecraft
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jemas war doch nich so schlecht.... :(

HEY KIDS! COMICS!

Remember last week when I spoke about Marvel's attempt to make their Marvel Universe line very kid-friendly again?

I understand this policy is driven by Gui Kayro and Dan Buckley, and was part of their publishing plan to Ike Perlmutter, to make the Marvel Universe as kid-friendly as possible, and commercially viable and safe for licenses as they can. The only sop they've given editorial, some of whom are as displeased about this as some of the creators, is the Marvel Knights and MAX lines. Hence the moving of several key, yet challenging, creative titles ("Hulk," "X-Statix," Millar's "Spider-Man" and more) to those lines. And this week that policy exhibited itself in a number of ways.

The firing of Igor Kordey for a style that is considered no longer acceptable for the launch of Excalibur, and the redrawing of the first issues. Igor Kordey talked about this decision with me in this week's Waiting For Tommy. His attitude to the return of superhero costumes probably didn't help.

The decision to release specific Joss Whedon dialogue from "Astonishing X-Men," designed to portray the future of the Marvel line, a return to costumes and more black and white (in gaudy colours) superheroics.

The leak that Bob Morales will no longer be writing "Captain America."

Look for the culmination of this policy at Marvel over the summer with what is only being called "The Bendis Event" in my earshot.

MORAL MINORITY

I understand Bob's departure from Captain America was down to his take on the book being an overtly political one. No surprise, that was always the editorial plan, and he showed that ability with the fine "Truth" miniseries. We can surmise that Gui Kayro and Dan Buckley's declaration (with David Bogart on bass) is that this doesn't just mean sex and violence, storylines inspired by topical political thinking, however well disguised, are a no-no. The revamp of Captain America was designed as a Marvel Knights title, but now it's been absorbed back into the Marvel Universe, it's becoming more of a supporting title to the "Avengers."

However, he's not going out with a whimper. I hear Morales' last issues will be drawn by Eddie Campbell.

Bob Morales declined to comment on this story.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

Moderator The Punisher Forum Avatar von Frank Castle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darüber wird auch hier bereits diskuttiert:

http://www.comicforum.de/comicforum/...ewpost&t=61961
    Geändert von Frank Castle (03.03.2004 um 17:00 Uhr)